Outdoor adventure activities, including recreational bushwalking, can be dangerous and undertaking these activities beyond your capabilities or without you having adequate experience, skill, regard to safety, and suitable equipment can result in serious injury or death.
The Manual aims to provide you with information which can assist you – as a recreational bushwalker – to undertake your activity safely and with enhanced enjoyment.
Information in the Manual is provided on the basis that, as a person accessing the Manual, you undertake responsibility for assessing the relevance of information provided in the Manual to your circumstances and needs. You use the Manual at your own discretion and risk. You are and remain responsible for the decisions you make, and you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss whatsoever that results from such use.
Bushwalking Victoria, the editors, contributors and creators of the Manual:
- disclaim to the fullest extent permitted by law all guarantees, warranties or representations of acceptable quality and fitness for any purpose, security, reliability, completeness and accuracy of the Manual and any of its contents;
- take no responsibility for any error, omission or defect;
- do not accept liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense you or others might incur as a result of the information provided in the Manual or incorporated into it by reference; and
- are not responsible for the content, availability or performance of external sites linked to the Manual.
This Manual does not:
- set out requirements or information for commercial operators, or school or youth groups or any other groups with special needs;
- provide competency-based training and associated standards (as these are not relevant to community-based recreational bushwalking);
- provide detailed instructions on use of specific equipment and first aid;
- provide legal advice.