Scope of this bushwalking manual
The content from “Bushwalking and Ski Touring Leadership” (BMTAB Handbook, published 2000) has been fully revised to provide web-based guidelines and information for safe, enjoyable community-based volunteer bushwalking in Australia.
- Track notes or maps of specific walks.
- Requirements for commercial operators and school or youth groups or any other groups with special needs.
- Competency-based training and associated standards. These are not relevant to community-based bushwalking.
- Detailed instructions on use of specific equipment and first aid.
- Provision of legal advice.
- Specific programs and syllabus for bushwalking or bushwalking leadership training.
- Advice on Bushwalking Club policies or procedures.
- Related activities, aside from limited advice on rogaining, ski touring and snowshoeing.