Skip to content
Scope of this bushwalking manual
- Provide guidelines and information for safe, enjoyable community-based volunteer bushwalking in Australia
- Use content from “Bushwalking and Ski Touring Leadership” (BMTAB Handbook, published 2000). Revise existing content and add new content.
- Obtain content from other states and territories that reflects the diversity of walking environments across Australia
- Provide a modern web interface for easy access to this important body of knowledge
- Establish process for ongoing content updates
- Track notes or maps of specific walks
- Requirements for commercial operators and school or youth groups or any other groups with special needs
- Competency-based training and associated standards. These are not relevant to community-based bushwalking.
- Detailed instructions on use of specific equipment and first aid
- Provision of specific legal advice